National Safe Digging Month (NSDM) began in 2008 as a way to encourage all CGA (Common Ground Alliance) stakeholders to promote the safe digging message in one voice during one strategic month when digging activity begins in earnest nationwide. Traditionally, April brings with it a ground swell of outdoor work which often includes digging. Whether it is a small project or a large home improvement project, National Safe Digging Month is a way to remind us all to call 811 before starting any digging project.
Did you know every nine minutes an underground utility line is damaged because someone decided to dig without first calling 811. The risk of injury or even death is serious. Beyond the devastating risks of death or injury, consider the costs of repair, fines and even inconvenience. From putting in a fence, planting a tree or building a deck, knowing where the power and water lines are before you dig will save a lot of time, money and pain later. Call 811 before you dig.
North Carolina 811 runs many awareness campaigns to promote National Safe Digging Month and now you can help us spread the message of calling 811 before you dig. Below we have listed information you can download along with content you can share on social media.
NSDM Downloadable content:
- Social media infographics and campaign messages
- Web Banners
- NSDM Info Packet
- Share photos of you, your company, your family sharing the 811 message. Post it to your Facebook or Twitter page wall and use the hashtag #NSDM
- Follow NC811 on Facebook and Instagram and share our posts with the world!
- Post our info in your company’s newsletter.
- Become a Safe Digging Partner and get free 811 SDP stickers. Learn More
- Give the gift of knowledge! Promote the FREE damage prevention training series known as
Pipes Plus. This training series is available online in both English and Spanish. NC811 can also bring the training to you. Just let us know how we can best meet your needs by visiting www.ncpipesplus.org